Foto Riesel Foto Rally 2013
And the winners are….
We had two wonderful days for photography and got some great images.
Well, the judges have done their work and it time to announce the winners.
The winners for the Sydney CBD rally are:
Overall winner - Elaine Holliday for Skater boy.
Motion - Aaron Dewhurst for Faux-bri-mo.
Pattern - Priyanka Rathod for Checker board.
Sky – Michael Rawle for Pointed sky.
Yellow – Hugh Peterswald for Umbrellas.
The winners for the ‘your suburb’ rally are:
Overall winner – Narelle Grace for Evening light.
The people winner – Sharon Guilder for The colourful people of Coogee.
The place winner – Colin Beadell for eggs for breakfast.
The landscape winner – Craig Lambert for Catherine Hill Bay.
Something special winner – Alexis Wilson for Beautiful blooms.
Congratulation to everyone for the fantastic images and we look forward to seeing you all again next year.
Sydney puts on a great day for photography. (28/09/2013)
Good look to all those that took part in the Foto Rally.
We had great weather and I look forward to seeing some great images.
Click on the following link and follow the steps to upload your images.
Calling photographers young and old. Pick up your camera and ignite your creativity.
Walk, ride or pedal your way around our city or your suburb, as you complete photographic challenges to win great prizes.
Foto Riesel, is once again running its popular Foto Rally and this time it will be twice the fun. Refresh your perspective on Sydney and join us in on Saturday 28th September, or stay in your own suburb and photograph where you live on Saturday 5th October. And yes, if you really love your photography you can enter both.
What is Foto Riesel’s Foto Rally?
Foto Riesel’s Foto Rally is a one-day photography event in which you are encouraged to explore your creativity and photographic skills. You will complete a series of photographic challenges which are unknown to you until the day of the rally. You do not have to be a photographer to take part; you simply need to enjoy photography. This year the rally will take place both in the Sydney CBD & in your suburb. You can enter in either or both events.
The Sydney CBD rally takes place on the 28th September. You will meet in the Foto Riesel showroom and be given your challenges for the day. You can then spend an hour or the whole day completing your challenges.
Your suburb rally takes place on the 5th October. All the details of your challenges will be emailed to you on Friday 4th.
A $10.00 fee gives you entry to both rallies. You can enter one or both... its up to you.
With two great rallies this year there is no excuse not to take part!
When: Saturday 28th September.
Saturday 5th October.
Cost: $10.00REGISTRATIONS CLOSED
• What is The Foto Riesel Foto Rally?
The Foto Riesel Foto Rally is a one-day photography event in which participants are encouraged to explore their creativity and photographic skill whilst completing a series of photographic challenges, which are unknown to them until the event commences.
This year we will hold two events. One in the Sydney CBD & the other in your suburb or local area.
This will let you compete in a rally even if you cannot make it to Sydney.
• Who may take part?
Anyone with an interest in photography is invited to take part. This includes all calibers of photographers, students, enthusiasts, hobbyists, and amateurs of all ages and skill levels. Families and groups are also encouraged to enter. You do not have to be a photographer to take part. You simply need to enjoy taking photographs.
• Where will the event take place?
The Sydney CBD Foto Rally will begin at Foto Riesel, 364 Kent St, Sydney on Saturday 28th September 2013. Your start time will depend on the time period you select when registering online – all registrations will occur between 9:00am – 12:00pm.
The ‘your suburb’ Foto Rally will be on the 5th October. You will receive the information to compete in the rally via email and will have the day (5th October) to complete your challenges.
You are able to enter both events.
• I am under 18, can I enter?
Yes, provided you have your parent’s or guardian’s permission to compete in the rally and upload photographs for judging. Your parent or guardian will also need to be available to accept your prize, should you win.
• I am a professional photographer, can I enter?
Yes. The Foto Rally is open to everyone, no matter his or her photographic experience or skill level.
• Can I win prizes?
Yes. There will be $1500 in prizes to be won.
• Why is there an entry fee?
The entry fee of $10 exists to offset some of the costs incurred in administering the rally, and contributes to the prize pool. The $10 entry fee gives you access to both rallies.
• Do I have to use a digital camera?
No. We encourage participants to explore digital and traditional or analogue technologies during the challenge. We especially encourage the use of alternative equipment, including Holga and Lomography cameras or Lens Baby.
Please note all analogue formats must be digitised for submissions to the online gallery. Any costs incurred in digitising images are at the participant’s expense. We will not accept prints or hard copy images for judging.
• Can I shoot film?
Yes. You may shoot film, slides, digital, Polaroid or any other media. Please note that all analogue formats must be digitised for submissions to the online gallery. Any costs incurred in digitising images are at the participant’s expense. We will not accept prints or hard copy images for judging.
• Am I under any obligation to purchase anything?
No, none whatsoever. We simply want you to join the rally, embrace photography and have fun.
• Do I have to relinquish my copyright to complete?
No. Copyright in all images submitted to the Foto Rally online gallery will remain the property of the photographer.
As a condition of entering this competition, each participant licences Foto Riesel to use their entry in any media for an unlimited time for the purposes of promotion of future Foto Rallies, including publishing the entries on the website. Appropriate credits will be applied.
• When is the registration period?
Registration commences on Thursday 1st August and closes on Wednesday 25th September 2013. Registration numbers are limited and registration may close before the listed closing time.
• Why are there registration times?
To manage numbers on the day of the Sydney rally, registrations will be separated into start time blocks. You must select a start time block when registering. The time selected is the time you should be at Foto Riesel to check-in and collect your information for the Rally.
Starting time blocks:
• 9.00am – 9.30am
• 9.30am – 10.00am
• 10.00am – 10.30am
• 10.30am – 11.00am
• 11.00am – 11.30am
• 11.30am – 12.00pm
• Will I still be able to take part in the event if I do not register online and pay?
No. You must register online and pay the $10 fee during the registration period in order to take part in the event.
• I tried to register online, but my selected start time is full. What do I do?
Unfortunately we have reached capacity for this block. Please select another start time.
• The online registration has requested a credit card payment or Paypal, but I don’t have either! What do I do?
• How many times can I enter?
Each individual wishing to take part in the challenge and enter images for judging must register prior to the event. You can only register once per email address.
• I want to follow someone else on the rally, but not complete the photographic challenge or enter any images. Do I need to register?
No. If you do not intend on entering images to the judging you do not need to register.
• I have registered online but now cannot attend. What do I do?
• When can I upload my images?
Images may be uploaded to the online gallery via the Foto Riesel web page during the upload period. Images for the Sydney rally can be uploaded between Sunday 29th September 2013 and Friday 4th October 2013 at 11.59pm AEST.
Images for the ‘your suburb’ rally can be uploaded between Sunday 6th October 2013 and Friday 11th October 2013 at 11.59pm AEST.
• Can I submit a hard copy or prints of my images?
No. Digital files only can be submitted.
• Will late entries be accepted?
No. Late image submissions will not be accepted.
• How do I upload a photo?
Images will be uploaded via the Foto Riesel web page at www.fotoriesel.com.au.
• What resolution should my images be?
Images should be submitted in JPG format, no larger than 1.5Mb.
• Can I edit or change my image after submitting to the website?
Yes. You are able to delete and re-upload images via the online gallery.
• May I upload portrait or landscape orientation photos?
Photos in landscape or portrait orientation can be uploaded. The images need to be saved in the correct orientation prior to upload.
• Will my entry be valid if I use image editing software?
Yes, entries submitted after using photo editing software will be valid.
• What are the judges looking for in the entries?
The judging panel will be looking for creative images that feature a unique interpretation of the photographic challenge. Prizes will be awarded based on artistic & technical merit.
1. Information on how to enter the Foto Rally forms part of the Terms and Conditions of the Foto Rally. Participation in this event is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Any employees of Foto Riesel (Specialty Retail Group T/A) are ineligible to enter this competition.
3. To enter a photograph in the competition, participants must register before Wednesday 25th September 2013. Registration numbers are limited and registration may close before the listed closing time.
4. To register, please visit www.fotoriesel.com.au, follow the prompts to the registration page, and complete the online registration form. For the Sydney CBD event, participants must select a start time block before registering. After submitting the registration, the entrant will be sent an email confirming whether they have successfully registered. Each eligible entrant may only register once per email address. Registrations are not transferable.
5. To successfully register each participant must pay a $10 entry fee at the time of registration.
6. The Sydney CBD Foto Rally will begin at Foto Riesel, 364 Kent St, Sydney on Saturday 28th September 2013. Your start time will depend on the time period you select when registering online – all registrations will occur between 9:00am – 12:00pm. Participants will be checked-in by providing a printout of their registration confirmation email.
The ‘your suburb’ Foto Rally will be in your local area on the 5th October 2013. You will receive the information to compete in the rally via email and will have the day to complete your challenges.
You are able to enter both events.
7. Photographs must be uploaded to the entry application area via the Foto Riesel web page during the upload period. Images for the Sydney CBD rally can be uploaded between Sunday 29th September 2013 and Friday 4th October 2013 at 11.59pm AEST. Images for the ‘your suburb’ Rally can be uploaded between Sunday 6th October 2013 and Friday 11th October 2013 at 11.59pm AEST.
Each entrant may upload two (2) images per brief/challenge.
8. All details regarding image types and file sizes will be available on the Foto Riesel upload page.
9. Each entry will be individually judged based on artistic, creative and technical merit by a panel of judges appointed by Foto Riesel. The judging will take place between Saturday 12th October 2013 and Sunday 27th October 2013. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. There will be one grand prize awarded. There will also be one (1) finalist announced for the judge’s choice of Best Image for each of the categories.
11. Winners will be announced on Wednesday 30th October 2013.
12. Each participant in the Competition warrants that their photographs are original photographs and that they do not infringe the rights of any third party. The participant agrees to indemnify Foto Riesel or Specialty Retail Group Pty Limited against all claims and costs against this warranty.
13. As a condition of entering this competition, each participant licences Foto Riesel to use their entry in any media for an unlimited time for the purposes of promotion of future Foto Rallies, including publishing the entries on the website. Appropriate photographic credits will be applied.
14. Images that are considered unlawful or contain objectionable content will not be acceptable and will be deemed invalid. We reserve the right to remove images deemed offensive, of an offensive nature or that may violate the privacy Act from the online gallery at our discretion.
15. Prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash.
16. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Foto Riesel excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising out of the competition including where arising out of any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction or any theft.
17. Game of Skill. To enter, participants are required to provide an image that best represents the category, symbol or brief. Eligible participants will be required to provide their own name, telephone number and email address to complete their entry. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash. Winning entries will be selected by a panel of judges and will be determined on the creativity and technical ability. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
Winners for 2012
The judges choice winners for the 2011 Foto Riesel Foto Rally are:
The viewers choice winners as voted by you are:
The Foto Riesel Foto Rally is an Associated Event of Art & About Sydney 2013, presented by City of Sydney.